Saturday, April 26, 2008

If a baby poops under the table, and you can't see it, does it make a smell?

(WARNING: The following post is a discussion of baby poo)

Yes. Yes yes YES! It most definitely smells. Someone please explain to me why oh why is it that as soon as I get that little girl's diaper off for a little let's-air-out-that-rashy-raw-butt time that she behaves as though she's "just going to crawl around, mom. No need to watch me. Just getting some air while I cut my teeth on this here rattle thingy..." Well that's not what she was doing at all! No no no... she waits until my attention is diverted and then clandestinely plops one out under the dining room table!!! Well I could smell it, but finding it was a bit more difficult.

In fact, it was mostly amusing. But that was just the beginning. Without getting too graphic lets just say that since then, she has made a habit of leaving puddles all over the place, and I do not want to get into what happens when she decides to sit on and then crawl through her messies.

My son never had such a sensitive bum at this stage of the game, so I never had this issue. Of course, he had his own brand of ickies. I got really good at wiping breastfed-baby-liquid-poo out of the crevasses of his little armpits. That boy could shoot poo faster than a speeding commuter, clear across the room! Must have been all that cool air...

I dunno. I think it's probably best to make sure that you are not a Poo-A-Phobe before having kids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pooaphobia is certainly what alvin has, he wont clean up after the animals, and we had a septic tank backup a couple times on us, not cool!!! and thusly we have no children :) he he