Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Octopus SuperMom

I see you guys everytime I drop my kids off at preschool. Moms of 3 or 4 year olds, struggling to hold little hands, totebags, diaper bags, purses, school snacks, craft projects and often pushing a stroller or carrying a baby to boot. Let me let you in on a little secret. A secret that having a 3rd child, while my oldest was only 4, and my middle was almost 3, has taught me. They can do it themselves. They will do it themselves, if you let them. They SHOULD do it themselves. Now I'm not talking about Moms of two year olds. Two year olds can't be trusted. They are a menace, especially in a parking lot. But that 3 or 4 year old can carry her school bag, or put on his coat, or wait to spill their craft projects everywhere. By all means, hold onto those little hands, especially in the parking lot. But let them help you out. You don't have to do it all. I'm just sayin.

No comments: