Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Master Cleanse, Days 0-3

I have been searching for a way to naturally detoxify my system for a while now. My health issues have been getting worse, and basically I just feel bad all of the time. So I did some research, and decided on a Master Cleanse. I was supposed to start the day after my birthday, but life got sticky, (as it so often does), and I just was not ready. I rescheduled my start date for this past Friday, and wouldn't you know it, I wake up sick on Thursday! But there never really is an ideal time to do something like this, so I plodded ahead anyway. I felt like I had a really bad sinus infection, which is typical of me this time of year, and I wondered if the cleanse might make it better or worse? Only one sure fire way to find out...

So Day 0, which is really just nighttime prep for Day 1, I drank the specified tea. I was nervous, and expecting the worst. On Day 1, I was still sick, and feared I would not tolerate drinking the required 32 ounce salt water flush, but I managed to keep it down. It did take me over a half an hour to finish it tho!

I decided to start this way because Days 2 and 3 are suppose to be 2 of the worst 3 days and this way, I would have people around to help if need be. My mother was here, and I am sure she thinks I am crazy, but, as she put it, when I decide to do something, there is no stopping me.

So I made it to Day 2, which required I take the kids to a birthday party pretty far away, in a park. I was feeling pretty good on Day 1, but nervous about Day 2 being to much to handle. Turns out, it was pretty good. I felt OK, a little hungry, but not starving. I was tired, and decided to take the kids home before I became to tired to drive, (they were way overdue for a nap, but I often stay anyway, if they are still having fun). All in all, not too bad.

Today was Day 3, and I am running out of lemons and limes! We had another birthday party today, and a park play date, but I had my hubby to help out, and managed to sneak off to the store for some citrus while the kids were bouncing their little hearts out with Daddy. I'm still a little hungry, but not starving.

So far, I think this is really not as bad as people make it out to be. Of course, I fear saying that might doom me to a torturous Day 7, (the other most difficult day). I've had some wild dreams and night sweats, but I often have that when I am sick, so its hard to know what the cause is. I do have nearly unbearably itchy skin today, but I am certain my skin is starting to detox. Its incredible really... to see it working.

My mother says I have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort. That might be true, but so far, this really isn't so awful. Having said that... lets see if I can make it through Day 7!

2 comments:

spccadet said...

so where did you find out about this cleanse??? I'd be interested to read up on it :) Steph %)

Nicole said...

Rock on, Mama!!