Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Master Cleanse, Days 4-6

Today is Day 6. I am definitely doing this right and I was definitely detoxing this morning. It wasn't all that bad, but I was uncomfortable for an hour or two. Day 7 is supposed to be a heavy detox effect day, so if I can manage that with two kids in diapers, then I think I might be able to go on indefinitely. I just want to make sure I get the diapers washed before Day 7 starts!

I could totally do without this renewed sense of smell. My sense of smell has always been pretty bad, except during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The further into weaning we get, the worse my sense of smell gets. I have always blamed the stem cells. Now I can blame the cleanse. Many people have complained about being out in public on this cleanse and smelling nothing but halitosis everywhere they went. I now understand how revolting this really is, as I am living it!

I am finding it absolutely freeing to not have to worry about what to cook or feed myself. I spend so much time focused on food for my allergy kids, and consequently end up shoving whatever is around down my own throat in between taking care of everyone and everything else. When I do try to focus on keeping my own diet healthy, it can be a source of stress. Its a matter of balancing the time it takes to prepare something worth eating vs keeping the children from mauling each other vs just eating whatever is fast and easy.

Why do we so often put taking care of ourselves last on the list? I have long admired people who have no problems putting themselves first. That has gotta move up on my to do list.

Anyway, I am still waiting patiently for the peace and serenity to come. I know I should not expect it yet, but I do so need some!

No comments: